Grab your toolbox — there are a few things you’ll need to install the camera.
For the mount:
- Drill bit or masonry bit
- Nutsetter (if mounting in concrete)
- Ladder or scissor lift
For the camera:
- Ethernet cable
- Extension cord (if needed)
See details and recommendations for these items.
Our goal is to make installing Focus the easiest part of your day.
- Download the app. The app is the key to finishing your installation — it’ll tell you if your camera is angled properly. if you’re the one installing the mount and camera, we recommend downloading it before you go up the ladder.
- Prepare your gym. You might need to coordinate with your AD or a coach on this one.
- Install the mount. See our handy how-to video so you can nail it on your first try. Pro-tip: A crooked mount means crooked video — so don’t forget your level.
- Install the camera. It’s the moment you’ve been waiting for. Running into issues? Check out our tutorial video.
- Activate your camera. Complete this last step using the app and we’ll calibrate the camera. In 24 hours (or less), Focus is ready to record.
Every gym is different. If yours has some quirks, read on.
Your camera needs to be installed on a wall that meets our height and distance requirements, but if that’s not possible, it’s time to get creative.
Mounting on a beam or rafter is a little trickier than mounting on a wall, but it can be done. See how other Focus users have pulled off an alternate installation.