International Video Exchange
Teams have the option to enter into an Open Exchange with other teams on the Volleymetrics portal. Contact your sales rep to find out if this is an option for your team or league.
A copy of the International Open Exchange rules can be found below.
International Open Video Exchange Policy
Updated August 2022
The International Open Video Exchange (International Exchange) operates with an open exchange policy. All teams who want to participate in the International Exchange must provide video of their matches to all other participating organizations. All teams shall use the Volleymetrics Portal for transferring video of matches. The automating of this process shall not constitute a violation of league television broadcasting rights and by joining it, teams grant Hudl the right to use this video for scouting purposes. The International Exchange will be governed by the following guidelines.
1. Access Requirements
All organizations will purchase a Volleymetrics subscription which will guarantee access to the International Exchange for a period of 1 year.
Volleymetrics guarantees that each team will have (or has had) the opportunity to install a camera in their facility. Volleymetrics cameras will upload video for any home match automatically to the Volleymetrics Portal. Teams that have a Volleymetrics camera are still required to record a backup video on their own camera.
3. Matches to be Shared
Teams are required to upload all official matches played during each season.
4. Video Quality Requirements
Match videos shall meet the following standards:
- Matches shall be filmed from a central position behind an endline.
- Cameras shall be elevated so that the far endline is visible through the net.
- All four corners of the court, the top of the antennae, and a few meters/feet behind the near endline must be visible.
- Only the competition court and the head referee should be in the frame.
- Jerseys and numbers must be easily readable and of contrasting colors.
- The video quality must be High Definition (at least 720p at 1280 x 720).
- The camera must remain in the same position throughout the match and not switch sides as the team changes sides.
- The camera should not be turned off at any time during the match, so that no video is omitted (i.e. video between rallies or sets).
5. Upload Requirements
The video of each match is required to be uploaded to the corresponding match slot on the Volleymetrics Portal. The away team has no responsibility for uploading matches when playing at a participating team’s facility, but when a neutral match is played, both teams share responsibility for uploading the video.
A. The video of each match must be uploaded to the corresponding match slot by 23.59 Local Time to the event on the day the match is played or else the home team will be locked out from accessing any video except for their own matches.
B. Copies of each match scoresheet and final stats sheet shall be uploaded to the
corresponding match slot with the same deadline as video or else the home team will be locked out from accessing any video except for their own matches. In regards to scoresheet quality and compliance:
- Scoresheets and stats sheets should be uploaded in picture or PDF format and as a single file.
- Images of scoresheets and box scores should be legible.
6. Download Availability
Due to these requirements, there will be no need for formal video requests; video of all matches played by a participating team must be available to other teams in participating leagues through Volleymetrics.
- Participating teams will have access to each other’s matches on the Volleymetrics
Portal, which will enable them to select and download any match they choose within their level of play for the purpose of match preparation.
- Each match will become available to other International Exchange teams immediately. Upon request, leagues are able to set their own download rules to control access by their league teams to video.
7. Recourse for Non-Compliance
Leagues of participating teams can decide to enforce these rules. Any non-compliance issue should be brought up to the league administrator who will be able to evaluate and take proper action. The sanctions connected to specific violations are as follows:
- Late video/scoresheets: home team will be automatically locked out from accessing any video except for their own matches until the content is uploaded.
- Poor quality video/scoresheets: league administrators will be able to give a warning or request the team be locked out from accessing any video except for their own matches until the content is re-uploaded.
- Camera view or jersey standards: the team will be given a warning at the first
occurrence. If the issue persists, a league administrator can request the team be locked out from accessing any video except for their own matches until the issue is addressed and the team starts complying with the standards.
- Any other issue: the team will be given a warning at the first occurrence. If the issue persists, a league administrator can request the team be locked out from accessing any video except for their own matches until the team starts complying with the standards.
Further sanctions—including monetary fines—can be imposed within a league.
Any proposals to edit this policy should be communicated to the league administrator who will contact Hudl to propose the changes.