About Your Camera
What does the camera do?
The unit uses three cameras to capture the entire court. These angles are stitched together to create a 180-degree panoramic HD video. Computer vision follows the play, so you don’t have to worry about pan or zoom. For basketball, it follows the play as your athletes move up and down the court. And volleyball? The camera intelligently zooms to capture all the action. Once the game is over, the video will automatically upload to your Hudl library.
Tell me about my camera
How does it record?
- The camera will automatically capture and upload video at the dates and times of any “home” event on a team’s Hudl schedule. Record on the fly anytime by creating a recording from the Hudl Focus app.
How do I know if my camera is set up and functioning properly?
- As long as the app is installed and notifications are enabled, you’ll receive an alert 90 minutes before the game to tell you that your camera is on and working.
- You can also check the status light on the camera. The Status light is located below the Hudl logo.
- A white light indicates the camera is in standby mode, and is ready to record.
- A green light indicates the device is recording.
- A solid yellow light could indicate issues with your network or camera activation. Check the Hudl Focus app for instructions on what to do next.
- If you see a red flashing light, give our support team a call.
- A pulsing orange light indicates the camera is booting up.
- If there are no lights, the camera does not have power and cannot record.
If there is an internet outage, will my game still be recorded?
- If a recording was scheduled prior to the outage, the game will be captured. The app will tell you that the device cannot be reached but the status lights on the device will indicate whether or not it is recording. The recording will appear in the library once the internet connection is reestablished.
Tips & Tricks
- Be sure to allow notifications from the Hudl Focus app to receive camera updates and warnings if an issue is detected.
Read Next — About Your Mount