Along with having several built-in, interactive reports, Hudl also has custom reports to help you quickly and easily generate powerful breakdowns to suit your team’s specific needs without having to spend a lot of time designing a report. Custom reports are a great way to analyze specific tendencies and notice trends of the game you wouldn’t normally see. These reports can be created with just two clicks and generate in seconds. All of Hudl’s reports are created in the video library, are available online, and can be shared to your entire team for any sport.
Before starting this tutorial, go to the Hudl video library and load a playlist. For more information about accessing the library and loading a playlist, see the Watching Videos in Hudl tutorial.
Creating, Saving and Deleting a Custom Report
- Select a playlist from the library. Reports are generated from the data in a playlist, so at least one playlist must be loaded in order for a report to be generated. Select multiple playlists to generate a report across multiple playlists.
- Once the playlists have finished loading, click the Report button above the library. The Reports pop-up will appear.
- Click Make a Custom Report.
- In the resulting report box, choose by what breakdown column you want to break down, you have the option to breakdown by as many as 5 different breakdown columns. Click to add breakdown options.
Note: The report will generate based on the information entered in the breakdown columns
- To save a template of your report, check the Save this Report Template box. Your template will be saved in the reports menu allowing you to re-use it easily.
- Click to generate your report. Once the reports are created, the library will expand to show the reports.
View/Edit Your Report
- Click on a report in the library. The report view will replace the video player.
- Hang your mouse over any small blue question mark you see, to get inline help.
- Wherever available, click Edit to edit an area of a report.
- Hide the report by clicking the Return to Video button.
- Print the report by clicking the Print button.
- Click the Full Screen button to see the report at full screen.
- Click a link in a report to see the video clips that correspond to the data in the playlist. This will allow you to associate video data directly to your report data
- To delete a report, roll your mouse over the report in the video library and click on the trash can icon that appears to the left of the report name. Upon initial deletion, a notification will appear at the top of your browser informing you of the deletion, and giving you the option to undo it.
Note: Once the information message disappears, you will no longer have the option to undo your deletion.
Sharing a Report
- Click on a report in the library.
- With a report highlighted, click the Share button above the library to share a report. The Share Reports dialog will appear.
- Select the users or groups you would like to share the report with and click the right arrow to add them to the Share list. If you would like to share this report with everyone, click the All Team option.
- Enter a brief message to send everyone receiving the report in the Message box. This message will be Included in the email each user will receive and can help explain the contents of the report.
- Click the Share button at the bottom of the dialog to share the report. The report will now be shared to all the users you selected. They will receive an email informing them that a new report is available to them along with a link that will take them directly to the report.