Livestream Games with Facebook
Facebook allows for livestreaming via a camera or a mobile device. Be sure to choose the best option for your organization.
For any Facebook account related issues please contact Facebook support.
We recommend recording the game with your usual recording workflow in addition to any livestreaming service you might use.
Livestream from a Camera
Follow these steps and scroll down to Go live with a camera and streaming software to learn how to set up your Facebook livestream.
Livestream from a Mobile Device
- Set up a Facebook page for your team. Players, parents and fans can follow the team page.
- Check our our sport-specific recommended recording workflow for everything you need to know about filming your games.
- Open the Facebook App on your iOS device.
- Go to your Page.
- Select Live.
- If it’s your first time going live, Facebook may ask for access to your camera and microphone. Follow the on-screen instructions to allow this.
- Type a Description of your video.
- i.e. Team Name vs. Opponent Name — (10/11/20)
- Tap Go Live.
- Tap Finish to end your broadcast.
- Download the video from Facebook to your iOS device by sliding the “Save the video to your camera roll” switch to the “On” position. The switch will appear green once turned on. Download restrictions may occur due to storage on the filming device.
- Once the video is downloaded to your device, upload it to Hudl by following these steps.