Schools, districts and organizations often have firewalls protecting their networks that can prevent devices from communicating with Hudl’s servers. If you’re experiencing connection issues, make sure to pass the following information on to your IT staff or your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Watching Video on Hudl.com
- Allow access to Hudl.com.
- Allow mp2t videos and mp4 videos stream. (Most firewalls can let mp2t’s and mp4’s stream for just one website. If this is the case, they need to clear it for Hudl.com.)
- Clear and http://p.jwpcdn.com/*. Videos stream down from these sites.
If video does not play after following the above steps, make sure existing filters don’t conflict with these new rules. You may even need to set these rules higher on your firewall priority list.
Publishing Video with Web Uploader
- This is only applies to teams using the latest version of Hudl (most basketball, volleyball, soccer, lacrosse and field hockey).
- Web uploads go through port 80 or port 443.
- The addresses that the web uploader communicates with are as follows: *.s3.amazonaws.com (where the * is a list of possible servers)
Publishing Video with Hudl Mercury
- You will need to clear HudlMercury.exe to make a web request over port 80 (the standard web request port).
- Hudl Mercury communicates with:
- Mercury uploads video over port 80 to *.s3.amazonaws.com where the * is a list of possible servers
- Mercury updates itself from the web, you’ll need to clear
Publishing Video with Video Editor
- You will need to clear VideoEditor.exe to make a web request over port 80 (the standard web request port).
- Video Editor communicates with
- Video Editor uploads video over port 80 to *.s3.amazonaws.com where the * is a list of possible servers
- In order for Video Editor to update itself from the web, you’ll need to clear: and
Uploading Video from the iOS and Android Apps
- Our mobile apps upload video over port 80 and port 443 to *.s3.amazonaws.com, where the * is a list of possible servers.
Allowing Emails from Hudl
- Whitelist “@hudl.com” through any email filters (such as Barracuda).
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to email filters.