- Set expectations with your team for how they can get in touch, when you’ll be available and what you’re going to talk about.
- Find the right communication tool(s) to help your team work remotely.
- Let your players know their emotional well-being is your first priority and encourage them to take the time they need to rest and recover.
- Take time to celebrate your players, whether that’s through a virtual team event or individual recognition.
- Give your team the resources to stay active with at-home workouts and fun challenges.
- Assign scouting and performance review homework that helps develop their game IQ.
- Create individual development plans for every athlete.
- Revisit your program’s mission, vision, values and culture.
- Dust off (or create) your team’s social media accounts.
- Join an online group to network with other coaches.
- Level up your skills with Hudl training and free online learning.
- Clean up your Hudl account by deleting old video, tagging your players and updating details.
User Guides > Remote-Coaching-Guide
These steps will help you become a remote coaching pro.