Camera Setup for JVC RTMP Wireless Live Streaming
Set Up Your Network on the Camera
Follow the sequence in the image below to run through the Wizard on the camera. This can be done via a wireless adapter or ethernet connection via a USB ethernet adapter.
Live Stream Via RTMP
Once the network is set up on the camera, press the Status button on the inside of the camera.
Identify the IP Address listed on the Network screen (i.e. 192.168.1.132)
Enter this IP Address into the web browser address bar.
Enter username and password.
Default username is jvc and default password is 0000.
Once on the JVC web interface opens, go to Settings.
Select Live Streaming.
Choose a server slot to set up your RTMP information.
Edit the server information with an Alias (name), Type (RTMP), URL & Stream Key (for destined streaming service). Then Save.
Start the RTMP Live Stream on the Camera
- Open the main menu on the camera (top-left of screen)
- Choose System.
- Navigate down and choose Settings (under Network, when Network turned on)
- Under Network Settings choose Live Streaming Settings.
- Navigate to Server and select the RTMP server name that you created the broadcast under on the JVC web interface. In the screenshot above it shows as "BFTest".
- Within the Live Streaming settings ensure that the resolution, frame rate and bit rate are all set to something that is appropriate for the accompanying stream plan and internet connection the user has. This is often set to (1280x720, 30p, 3.0m)
- Once everything is set and ready to send the feed to vCloud (or other streaming service), navigate to Live Streaming and turn it On.
- This will start the stream on that RTMP information. Verify that the broadcast is receiving the stream.
Bring the JVC Camera into Production Truck via Auto Discovery
- After the network is set up on the camera, press the Status button on the inside of the camera.
- Find the IP Address listed on the Network screen (i.e. 192.168.1.132)
- Enter this IP Address into web browser address bar.
- Enter the username and password (The default username is jvc and the default password is 0000.)
- Once on the JVC web interface, go to Settings.
- Select Live Streaming.
- Choose a Server slot to set up your RTMP information.
- Edit the server information with only an Alias (name) and Type (RTSP). Then Save.
- Navigate back to the Live Streaming Settings.
- Select this RTSP server, just created, as the Server.
- Select Streaming Server, navigate to the RTSP server set up and enter password as 0000.
- Turn Live Streaming On.
- Open Production Truck (Mac) and go to your Camera Source/Device list.
- Under Auto Discovery select the HM200 series device listing.
- Add the camera username and password (jvc; 0000)
- Select this device as your camera source.
One of the camera’s eight User Buttons can be assigned to the Streaming function. Navigate to Menu → Camera Function → USER Switch Set → USER# → Live Streaming.