Livestream Games with YouTube
For any YouTube account related issues please contact YouTube support.
Livestream from a Camera
Follow these steps to learn how to set up your YouTube livestream.
Livestream from a Mobile Device
In order to livestream on mobile, you’ll need to meet the following YouTube requirements:
- At least 1,000 subscribers. Once your account reaches 1,000 subscribers, you may have to wait to gain access to mobile livestreaming.
- No livestreaming restrictions on your channel within the last 90 days.
- Be sure to verify your channel at least 24 hours before your first livestreamed event.
- Record with an iOS 8 device or newer.
- Open the YouTube app on your iOS device.
- From the top right, tap Capture and then Go live.
Note: If this is your first mobile livestream, enabling your stream may take up to 24 hours. Once enabled, you can livestream instantly
- Follow the prompts to create a livestream, or to schedule for later, tap More options.
- Tap Go live.
- To end your livestream, tap Finish. An archive of the livestream will be created on your channel, and you can edit the privacy setting or delete the archive.
- Log in to your YouTube account from a computer and select Videos from the menu on the left.
- Hover over the video you’d like to download and select Menu, then Download.
- Once the video has downloaded from YouTube, upload it to Hudl by following these steps.
YouTube also supports livestreaming through external video and audio hardware. Click here to learn more.