Hudl Assist FAQ
Can anyone on my team submit games to Hudl Assist?
Yep, any coach on your Hudl team will see the option to submit your game, and you'll receive a notification when we have it.
Can I still watch my game while your analysts are breaking it down?
How do I know when my game's finished?
All coaches get an email once our analyst finishes tagging it. The email includes any notes from the analyst - the analyst will let you know if it was tough to see a jersey or if video was missing.
Why was my game rejected by Assist?
Everyone hates rejection, but sometimes our analysts can't complete a breakdown due to circumstances outside of their control. Here are a few scenarios we've seen where video is rejected:
- Video quality is poor.
- Video is incomplete or missing portions.
- Video is chronologically out of order.
- Video doesn't start at the beginning of the game.
- Video is shorter or longer than it should be without any explanation from the coach.
- Something blocks the view of part of the field.
- Video is captured behind the goal or basket.
- Video only captures one side or part of the court or field.
I didn't receive my game breakdown within 24 hours. What now?
Our analysts try their hardest to return your breakdowns in less than 24 hours. We'll get it back to you ASAP, and if we miss our mark you'll receive a free breakdown in return.
Hudl Assist wasn’t able to tag my athletes, how do I get them tagged?
- Player not on the submitted roster?
- When a player is not submitted to the assist roster our analyst tag just the jersey number. Coaches will need to identify who the jersey number belongs to following the Identify Unknown Athletes workflow.
- Player jersey numbers not visible to tag?
- When jersey numbers are difficult to see we tag unknown athletes. Coaches will need to go through each tag and follow the Identify Unknown Athletes workflow.