Hudl Sportscode is only compatible on Apple's macOS.
If you're buying a new machine to run Hudl Sportscode, we recommend the 14” or 16" MacBook Pro with the following configurations (or greater):
- M1 or M2 Pro (10 core)
- 16GB Universal Memory
- 512GB hard drive storage or more
For more intensive capture environments we recommend the M1 or M2 Max SoC.
We recommend the following minimum specifications for running Hudl Sportscode:
- 2.3 GHz quad-core i7 processor or greater
- 16GB RAM
- Discrete graphics card
- 512 GB storage space or more
- 15" retina display
We've found this combination of specifications provides a good experience with most workflows.
We recommend machines with a discrete graphics card, because you're less likely to experience dropped frames during capture with these machines.
We recommend a minimum disk space of 512GB to have enough space to store all your video.
Hudl Sportscode will run on any Mac running macOS 12 (Monterey), macOS 13 (Ventura) and macOS 14 (Sonoma). Macs with lower specifications, such as the 13" MacBook Pro, will run Hudl Sportscode (2018 or greater, including the M1 MacBook Pro). However, there are noticeable performance limitations and issues in certain scenarios. This type of Mac could be used in lower-performance environments, such as single-angle video machines that are used for basic playback, coding, or building presentations.
Performance-related issues associated with lower-specification Macs include:
- Capture issues, such as dropped frames or decreased responsiveness
- Poor playback performance with multi-angle videos and reduced responsiveness when fast-forwarding or rewinding
- Poor full-screen playback performance in playlists, particularly when transitioning between slides and clips
- Longer time to export video or execute scripts
M1 and M2 MacBook Pro
The M1 and M2 MacBook Pros perform significantly better than previous 13" MacBook Pro models and, as such, is suitable for multi-angle playback.
If you are using an M1 Macbook Pro and have not yet run another Intel app, you'll be prompted to install Rosetta prior to using Sportscode.