What You’ll Need
The following materials are necessary, but not provided by Hudl.
A smartphone with the Hudl Focus app downloaded
- You need the app to install the camera and check its view.
- To install the Hudl Focus mount in your facility, you will need to drill holes into a wall. We strongly suggest you use a power drill to do it.
- Black & Decker Cordless Drill
1/4" Drill Bit or 3/16" Masonry Bit
- To ensure the holes you drill are the right size for the hardware provided, use a 1/4" drill bit for anything but concrete. If drilling into concrete, use a 3/16" masonry bit instead.
- DEWALT 3/16" Masonry Drill Bit or DEWALT 1/4" Titanium Drill Bit
- If you’re mounting in concrete, you’ll also need a 5/16" nutsetter. This will help you drive the provided screws into the wall.
- 5/16" Long Super-Power Nut Setter
- A crooked mount will give you crooked video. Use a simple bubble level to ensure you get it right the first time.
- Stanley Magnetic Torpedo Level
Ladder or Scissor Lift
- An ethernet cable is not provided, but a wired internet connection is required. Be sure to purchase a cable long enough to reach from your camera to the ethernet port you intend to use. We recommend an ethernet cable no longer than 150 feet to ensure a quality network connection.
- Monoprice Cat6 Ethernet Cable
Extension Cord (Optional)
- An extension cord is not always necessary, but if there’s no power outlet within 5 feet of your camera, you might need one to power the device. The camera can’t function without it.
- 3-Prong Extension Cord
If you're mounting from a beam or rafter you may need some additional hardware. Check out our recommendations here.