Innovator of the Year in Club Soccer Official Contest Rules
PLEASE REVIEW THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE ENTERING THE CONTEST. INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER. ENTRY TO THE CONTEST IS FREE AND NO PAYMENT OR PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PAYMENT OR PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Description of the Contest
Together, Hudl and SportsEngine (“Sponsors”) are the sponsors of the Innovator of the Year in Club Soccer Contest (the “Contest”), a chance for coaches, athletes, supporters, and users to highlight their team’s innovations in club soccer. If you are a director, coach, player, or parent of a club soccer athlete, you are invited to participate in the Contest for a chance to be named “Innovator of the Year.”
Who Can Enter
- An “Entrant” is an individual who has completed and submitted uploaded an entry form to https://www.hudl.com/sports/so... for purposes of the Contest (a “Nomination”). The Contest (a) is open only to legal Entrants and Nominees who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia only and (b) will be evaluated according to United States law. Entrants must be located in the United States at the time of entry and be legal residents of the United States.
- A “Nominee” is a club soccer coach, club soccer director, or club soccer team who has been validly nominated by an Entrant for the Contest.
- Entrants must be at least 13 years of age at the time the make a Nomination. Nominees who are individuals must be at least 18 years of age at the time of the applicable Nomination.
- Employees of Hudl and SportsEngine, their subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and their immediate family members are ineligible to be Entrants or Nominees. The term “immediate family member” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, and grandchildren, regardless of where they reside.
- By entering the Contest, Entrant agrees to notify the Nominee or its director or coach (as applicable) if the Nominee is selected as a finalist.
By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to these official rules (the “Rules”). The following Rules should be read prior to entry to ensure understanding and agreement. Nominees will not not eligible to win unless Entrant and Nominee agree to the Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between Entrants and Sponsors and between Nominees and Sponsors with respect to the Contest.
No purchase, payment, or donation of any kind is necessary to enter or win; a purchase, payment, or donation will not increase the chance of winning. By entering, Entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final. The nomination period for the Contest starts at [1:00 PM CST, 1/18/2018] and ends at [3:00 PM CST, 6/1/2018] (“Nomination Period”). The voting period for the grand prize winner will be accepted between [1:00 PM CST, 6/8/2018] and [1PM CST 6/21/2018] (“Voting Period”). Nominations and votes received prior to or after the Nomination Period or Voting Period, as applicable, will be disqualified.
• • •
Entrant must submit a complete online form, including Entrant’s full name and relationship to the Nominee, Entrant’s email address, Entrant’s address, Nominee’s full name, Nominee’s email address, Nominee’s club team name, Nominee’s address, Nominee’s website, and 250 words or less on why the Nominee should win the Contest, and any video evidence supporting the nomination, available at: https://www.hudl.com/sports/so... Once a Nomination is submitted, it is final and may not be modified. No Nomination will be considered that does not include all requested information.
- Limit one Nomination per Entrant.
- Nominations must not be profane, offensive, pornographic, defamatory, or inappropriate as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any Nomination it deems inappropriate.
- Entrant agrees not to submit any Nomination that infringes upon any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligations, or otherwise violates applicable international, federal, or state law. Nominations violating this section of the rules will be disqualified.
- By submitting a Nomination, Entrant hereby releases and holds harmless Sponsors, each of its subsidiaries and affiliates, and any others involved in the development and/or execution of this Contest, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees of the same from any and all claims, demands, losses, promises, causes of action, and liabilities arising out of this Contest, including travel.
- Nominations that do not comply in all material respects with the Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content in Sponsors’ sole discretion will be disqualified, not published, and/or not considered for prizes.
- Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late or misdirected Nominations; server unavailability; or computer or any other electronic or telecommunications malfunction.
- By submitting a Nomination , Entrant agrees Sponsors shall unconditionally and irrevocably own the Nomination submitted including all rights embodied therein in winning Nominations and that Sponsors and their designees may use, publish, adapt, modify, combine, or dispose of any Nomination or elements there of any Nomination online, in print, film, television, or any other media now or hereafter without additional compensation or notification to, or permission from, the Entrant, except as prohibited by law.
Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by Entrant or Nominee concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Rules, or the like, may result in the immediate elimination of the Nominee from the Contest. Sponsors further reserve the right to disqualify any Nomination that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, otherwise does not comply with these Rules, or violates U.S. or applicable state or local law.
• • •
Sponsors will select four finalists from among all Nominations submitted during the Nomination Period. All decisions of the Sponsors are final and binding. Sponsors will use the following criteria to primarily evaluate each Entrant’s Nomination:
- Unique Innovation (40%): Nominations must show truly unique effort in club soccer innovation. New and original ideas and implementations will receive the most credit.
- Effort and Time Commitment (30%): Nominations must show the innovator’s high level of dedication and effort. The goal of their innovative practice should be to make a positive change in the world of club soccer.
- Influence of Innovation (30%): Nominations must show the number of people influenced by the innovator. The larger the innovator’s reach, the bigger the impact on club soccer.
Once four finalists have been determined, finalists will be asked to approve and submit a final submission upon which the general public may vote, including, but not limited to, submitting additional video. Finalists must submit their final submissions no later than [1:00 PM CST, 6/21/2018], or the original Nomination may be used for consideration during the Voting Period. If any finalist selected declines to participate, Sponsors will select a replacement based on the same criteria listed above.
The grand prize winner will be selected from among the four finalists based on which finalist receives the greatest number of legitimate votes during the Voting Period. Votes will be made by choosing from among the four finalists on the following website: https://www.hudl.com/sports/so...
• • •
- One (1) grand prize winner will be chosen. The grand prize winner will receive [5 Gold Level Hudl Subscriptions with 100 Assist Credits] (Valued at $10,000]. A SKLZ Prize Package [Valued at $5,000], a training/education package from United Soccer Coaches [$10,000], All expenses paid trip for 2 to Soccer.com HQ (2 Days/2 Nights) and $8,000 in club branded product to be mutually agreed upon between winner and Soccer.com. A Premier Design Package and Full Suite of SportsEngine Tools (including but not limited to site, registration, and league) [Value $10,000]
- The remaining finalists shall receive a Gold Level Hudl subscription with 30 Hudl Assist credits ($2,500 total value)]. A SKLZ Prize Package [Valued at $1,000], a training/education package from United Soccer Coaches [$1,500], All expenses paid trip for 2 to Soccer.com HQ (2 Days/2 Nights) and $4,000 in club branded product to be mutually agreed upon between winner and Soccer.com. A SportsEngine Service Credit of $1,500. [Value $1,500]
- Sponsors reserve the right not to award any winners.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of Nominations and votes received.
- No monetary prize shall be awarded. Registration and bonding in New York, Florida, Rhode Island, or any other state or district is therefore unnecessary.
• • •
The grand prize winner(s) and remaining finalists will be notified by phone and/or email. If potential grand prize winner cannot be reached within ten days after the first contact attempt, the finalist receiving the second most votes during the Voting Period will be contacted. Potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Contest Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
By participating in the Contest, Entrant and Nominee waives any and all claims of liability against Sponsors, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and its respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss that may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from being named a winner.
Entrant authorizes the use, without compensation, of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including, without limitation, radio broadcasts; newspapers and other publications; television or film releases; slides; videotape; distribution over the Internet; and picture date storage) Sponsors may deem appropriate.
Anyone may request a list of winners one month after the Voting Period by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Hudl SportsEngine Innovator of the Year in Club Soccer
Attn: Matt Hansen
600 P Street, Suite 400
Lincoln, NE 68508
Residents of Vermont need not supply postage.
• • •
- The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the Unites States of America and any applicable state laws, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. All claims relating in any manner to this Contest or to any Nomination must be resolved in the federal or state courts in Lancaster County, Nebraska.
- Sponsors are not liable for any lost or stolen Nominations, prizes or Contest information.
- By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsors. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any Entrant and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. Sponsors will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and their decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of Sponsors. Sponsors reserve the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as Sponsors deem appropriate. All decisions will be made by Sponsors and are final. Sponsors may waive any of these rules in their sole discretion.
- Sponsors reserve the right not to award any prizes if none of the Nominations received meet the stated contest criteria, in Sponsors’ sole discretion.
- All submitted Nominations are the sole property of Sponsors. The information collected from Entrants may be shared between Sponsors and provided to other parties providing prizes for the Contest, and will be kept for Sponsors to provide all Entrants and Nominees with offers, advertisements, and promotions in the future via email, telephone, cell phone, SMS, or any other method of delivery deemed appropriate by Sponsors.
• • •
Representations and Warranties
Entrants represent and warrant that their tracks are their own original work, or they have obtained all rights, licenses, consents, and permissions necessary in order to use at any and all times, and to authorize Sponsors to use your tracks and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the Nomination and have the right to grant all required licenses. Entrants hereby represent and warrant that the submitted work does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party. Entrants affirm they have the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to Sponsors herein, including but not limited to, all necessary rights under copyright, free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
Entrants acknowledge and agree that Sponsors shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any work submitted by the Entrant, and may, in their sole and unfettered discretion, remove, edit, modify or delete any work that the Entrant submits.
• • •
Waiver of Liability and Agreement to Indemnify
By submitting any entry, each Entrant, its, his, her or their heirs, successors and assigns thereby releases, forever discharges and covenants not to make a claim against or sue Hudl or its subsidiaries and affiliates, licensees, employees, officers, directors, representatives, successors and assigns, of and from all manner of action or actions, cause or causes of action, at law or in equity, suits, claims, demands, liability, loss, cost or expense, of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown, fixed or contingent, which Entrant may have or hereafter have against Sponsors by reason of any injuries or damages Entrant may sustain, whether to Entrant’s person, property, reputation, or otherwise, as a result of, incident to, or related in any way to the Entry, the Contest, or the use, incorporation or exploitation of the Entry for any purpose described herein. Entrant waives and foregoes the right to seek injunctive relief against anyone relating in any way to the Entry, the Contest, or the use, incorporation, or exploitation of the materials for any purpose described herein. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any liabilities, losses, claims, demands, costs (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees) and expenses arising in connection with any breach or alleged breach by me of any representation made in the Entry or by virtue of submitting the Entry.
By participating in the Contest, I hereby agree to the Hudl/SportsEngine Innovator of the Year in Club Soccer Rules and the terms and conditions therein.