In-product notifications are essential to sharing information with the user. They allow the user to recognize the information and sometimes perform an action in response. Notifications can be in the form of notes, notices or toasts. Work with a designer to determine which notification component should be used.
- Keep character counts to 170 characters or less.
- Use sentence case with proper punctuation for messages.
- Use sentence case (three words or less) with no punctuation for statuses.
- Try to stick to 200 characters or less.
- Use sentence case with proper punctuation for the rest of the message.
- Emphasize the most important information as the title. Follow these guidelines for capitalizing headlines.
- Shoot for 60 characters or less. Put keywords at the front.
- Use sentence case with proper punctuation — no titles needed.