Here’s a checklist of everything you need to know as you prepare for the season.
Set up your roster.
A new season will inevitably bring about roster changes. Whether it’s new additions to the team or graduating seniors, you’ll need to get in and update your roster.
- Use invite codes to add your players. Just share the team code and link with your athletes. They’ll add their info and you can accept or decline their request.
- Disable old accounts that are no longer active.
- Organize your athletes with custom groups to make sharing videos and reports even easier.
Add the 2018-2019 schedule.
Set the 2018-2019 season as your current season on the Schedule page so it’ll load first when you’re using Hudl.com or the Hudl app.
- Add your schedule events so you can stay organized this season.
Get some help from Hudl Assist.
Save some time this season by letting our team break down your matches. Submit your video and within 24 hours you’ll receive stats for both sides of the ball.
Select your opponents from the drop-down list on Hudl when you add your schedule. This helps us match your opponent correctly for faster turnaround times and more accurate stats.
Submit your matches or scout video to Hudl Assist and receive all your stats within 24 hours.
Make sure the bills are paid.
Not sure if you’re set for another season? Want to get on your billing secretary’s good side? Pay your bill so you have access to Hudl when you need it most.
- Check Billing & Invoices on your account to download your invoice or pay your bill.
- Pay with a credit card or mail checks to Hudl, 29775 Network Place, Chicago, IL, 60673-1775.
Have every team member download the Hudl app.
Encourage your team to use the Hudl app to review video you’ve uploaded from anywhere to make sure they’re learning from mistakes and improving their performance.
Pro Tip: You can record all of your matches using the Hudl app! Exciting, right? Any coach with an iOS device can record and upload games or practices directly to their team’s account.
Get on the same page with Hudl messaging.
Communicating with your entire team or individual players has never been easier. You can easily update workout schedules and send tips to your players and coaches without fear of them missing the message.
Set up your messaging groups for specific positions.
Chat with your coaches to make sure the messages you send are consistent and relevant.
Lay the ground rules with your athletes for what types of messages to send.
Plan your process for uploading.
There are two ways you can upload video to your Hudl account:
If you’re recording with a camera and uploading with a computer, do a test upload to make sure there aren’t any issues.
Or record from the Hudl app and upload with a Wi-Fi network. Decide where you’ll upload your games, whether it’s at the school or at home, and be sure there are no firewalls to block you. Give it a test run to get comfortable with the process.
Save time with live tagging.
Remember that Hudl app we told you to install? This is where it comes up big in the clutch.
Unlock your maximum potential with reports.
“So I have all this data. Now what?”
- Head on over to your Reports page. There you can see an overview of your team’s stats as the season goes on. Want to see how many shots you average per game? It’s all there on the reports page.
- All of that data is linked to your video. Crazy, right? Simply click any stat to see the video of those moments. Here it is in action.
If you have any questions, check out the tutorials on our Help Center. Best of luck this season.