Clip data views are a great way to help team members focus on the data that is relevant to them and make watching your video more impactful. For instance, you may create different views for self scout and opponent scout, allowing you to focus on only the data that is relevant for that review session.
Before starting this tutorial, go to the Hudl video library and load a playlist. For more information about accessing the library and loading a playlist, see the Watching Videos in Hudl tutorial video.
Creating Column Sets
In Hudl, you can create various clip data views so that you can easily switch between them. This gives you a quick way to change the data you see while watching video and also share specific pieces of information with players and coaches.
- Hover your mouse over the button located at the top right corner of the clips list. The pop-up will give you two options, Quickly Add Columns and Manage Your Sets. Choose Manage Your Setsand the dialog box will appear.
- To create a set, type the name for your view (such as “Opponent Scout” or “Offense Self Scout”) in the text box next to Create a Set and click Add this Set.
- Click on the set that you just created and move the columns you would like associated with that set from the Hidden Columns category to the Displayed Columns category.
- When finished, click Save This Set and your new view will load.
Coaches and players will have access to load up any column set that any coach creates. Simply type which set you would like the film viewed in when sharing the playlist!
Loading a New Column Set
Now that you have created your team’s custom column sets, loading them up is a breeze. If you hover your mouse over the Change Columns button, your saved column sets will appear and you can click on the one you wish to load. As was previously stated, any of your coaches or player’s can load sets from here.
Quickly Add Individual Columns to Your View
- Hover your mouse over the Change Columns button located at the top right corner of the clips list. The pop-up will give you two options, Quickly Add Columns and Manage Your Sets. Choose Quickly Add Columnsand the dialog box will appear.
- The Quickly Add Columns dialog is broken down into two lists. The Hidden Columns list shows all data columns that are currently defined in Hudl for your team. The Displayed Columns list shows all data columns that are currently displayed in the clips list.
- To add a data column to your view, select it in the Hidden Columns list and click the right arrow.
- To remove a column from your view, select it in the Displayed Columns list and click the left arrow.
- Click on a data column in the Displayed Columns list and click the up and down arrows to change the order in which the data columns will appear in the clips list.
- To save your changes, click the Update Your Set button. The clips list will automatically update reflecting your changes. To cancel your changes, click the Cancel button. Your new clip data view will persist with your user even when you log out of Hudl.
Note: This will NOT update your previously-saved set. To add a column to your set, follow the same instructions in the Manage Your Sets dialog.