The quick breakdown on Hudl.com is very similar to the individual breakdown area for basketball in Hudl Video Editor. The quick breakdown is a valuable tool quickly creating detailed stats reports and shot charts for each play or an entire playlist.
The quick summary area provides an easy way to look at your players individually, or your team as a whole. The quick summary is generated from the quick breakdown data from each play in the playlist. It provides both individual and team shot charts and a basic stat report for both your team and your opponent.
This project begins on the Hudl.com Library page with a basketball playlist loaded.
Using Basketball Breakdown
- Click the Breakdown tab, found between the Library and Summary Tabs.
- On the resulting screen, you will see the court, the actions list, the active roster of the team you are scouting, and that team’s opponent’s roster.
- If you have no players on your active roster, click on the Show Full Roster button to see the list of available players. If you have players on your active roster, skip to step 7.
- Click the player you wish to substitute into the lineup, then click the place in the lineup where you would like to add the player. If another player is currently in that spot of the lineup, that player will be substituted out.
- To add a new player to either roster, click Add Player, found at the bottom of the full roster.
a) In the resulting text boxes, enter the jersey number and last name of the player.
b) Click OK. The player will be added to your roster.
- Click Hide Full Roster to hide the roster.
- Click a player on a roster, then click on the court to add an action at that location. A marker will appear on the court indicating an action has been placed. Click on the marker to toggle through available actions in order to specify what type of action the player performed.
As you click through, you will have the option to tag the play as one of the following specific actions:
- Rebound: Defensive
- Rebound: Offensive
- To add an action to the play without adding an icon to the court, click a player on your roster and then click the corresponding action tab above the actions list. Tag the play as rebound, steal, assist, block, turnover, or foul.
- To add more descriptive characteristics to the action, click the small white arrow to the right of the action in the action list and click on items from the list to describe the action. For instance, a shot has can have the characteristics blocked, off balance, good decision, etc.
- All changes in the quick breakdown area are automatically saved.
Using Breakdown Summary
The quick summary area is an easy way to view all the information you entered into the quick breakdown area for each play in the playlist. The summary allows you to see complete shot charts for the game or drill down to see more specific stats about each team or an individual player.
- Click on the Summary tab, located to the right of the Breakdown and Library tabs.
- From there, you will be able to see a summary of your entire playlist, based on the breakdown information you have entered. Listed you will find:
- Point Breakdown: The way the team earned its points will be listed and broken down according to 2-point shots, 3-point shots and free throws. Click the specific shots you would like to view (3-point shots, for example), to make them bold on the court and easier to pick out.
- Players of the game: The top players for the game will be listed with their stats for the game.