The purpose of this tutorial is to demonstrate the process of using a coaches remote on a Windows computer to work with video in Hudl. The remote can be used online with Hudl Presentations and video playback from your video library, and offline with Hudl Presenter. If you are on a Mac computer - check out the Using the Coaches Remote (for Mac) tutorial.
If you’re using a Windows computer, we fully support the Hudl Coaches Remote, DSV Commando ES, Xbox controller, and DV Sport Commando ES remotes and partially support the Gameplan and XOS remotes. The drivers for these are not included in our installer, but we can send them to you if you contact support.
The Hudl Coaches Remote and the DSV Commando ES will both work in the Mac environment as well as Windows.
Installing the Remote Application
- When logged in to Hudl.com, go to the Library.
- Click on the Menu button under the video player, next to the telestation tools.
- Run the installer and Hudl will install the remote application to your computer.
Using the Coaches Remote
The following buttons can be used to control your video:
- LASER: Laser Pointer
- FULL: Full Screen functionality is not supported at this time.
- PREV: Previous Clip
- NEXT: Next Clip (or Next Angle for multiple angles)
- REV: Slow Reverse (held down) or Frame-by-Frame (clicking)
- SLOW:Slow Forward (held down) or Frame-by-Frame (clicking)
- REW: Rewind
- FF: Fast Forward
- ANGLE: Next Angle
- PLAY: Play/Pause
If you unplug the coaches remote, the next time you use it you will need to exit the application and then restart it. Follow these instructions:
- Right-click on the Hudl logo in your tray and click Quit.
- Go to your Start Menu and open Hudl Remotes. The application should start back up, but you may need to refresh the Hudl website for the remote to be recognized again.