The purpose of this tutorial is to demonstrate the process of using a coaches remote on a Mac computer to work with video in Hudl. The remote can be used online with Hudl Presentations and video playback from your video library, and offline with Hudl Presenter. If you are on a Windows computer - check out the Using the Coaches Remote (for Windows) tutorial.
If you’re using a Mac computer, we fully support the Hudl Coaches Remote and the DSV Commando ES remotes.
Installing the Remote Application
- When logged in to Hudl.com, go to the Library.
- Click on the Menu button under the video player, next to the telestration tools.
- Run the installer and Hudl will install the remote application to your computer.
- Once the installation is complete, plug in your remote and refresh the Libray page and you should be cookin’ with gas. You’ll see a small icon on the right side of the menu bar of your Mac letting you know that a remote is connected to the video player and ready to use.
Using the Coaches Remote
The following buttons can be used to control your video:
- LASER: Laser Pointer
- FULL: Full Screen functionality is not supported at this time.
- PREV: Previous Clip
- NEXT: Next Clip (or Next Angle for multiple angles)
- REV: Slow Reverse (held down) or Frame-by-Frame (clicking)
- SLOW:Slow Forward (held down) or Frame-by-Frame (clicking)
- REW: Rewind
- FF: Fast Forward
- ANGLE: Next Angle
- PLAY: Play/Pause