Groups are useful for sending video notes, reports, or playlists to the whole team or portions of the team at one time. For example, adding and maintaining a QB’s group will allow you to quickly share video and reports directly to all of your quarterbacks at once. Only coaches can add and edit groups in Hudl.
Hudl automatically maintains three groups for you – All Team, Athletes, and Coaches. These groups are not editable since Hudl will automatically keep them up to date.
Creating a Custom Group
- Click on the Manage button from the Hudl Overview page, then choose Groups.
- Once on the Manage Groups page, all groups that have been created will be listed on the left hand side of the screen. Three auto-groups - All Team, Athletes, and Coaches - are already created on your Groups page for you to use if you wish.
- Enter a Group Name such as Offense, Special Teams, or Point Guards in the dialog box and click the green Add This Group button. The new group will appear in the list of groups.
- All of the coaches and players you have previously added to the team will appear. Select the coaches and players that you want added to the group. The coaches and players you select will be automatically saved in the selected group once you mark the check box to the left of their name.
Editing a Custom Group
- Once on the Manage Groups page, select a group from the list under the Custom Groups heading. All of the coaches and players you have previously added to the team will appear.
- If a coach or player is already a member of the selected group, the box will be checked and their name will be shown in bold. To add more users to the group, check the checkbox next to the names of those you would like to add.
- To remove users from the group uncheck the checkbox next to their name.
- Your changes will be automatically saved.