In Hudl, coach management for your team is completely under your control. You can add and remove coach accounts at any time. In order for a coach to interact with the team in Hudl, they must be included on your team’s coach roster. Coach accounts have access to the Manage page for their team, can edit the break down data for video clips, and are able to use the Hudl Video Editor or Hudl Mercury to publish video to Hudl.com. Athlete accounts created on the roster page do not have these permissions.
Note: Only team administrators are able to edit the coaches roster.
Creating a New Coach
- Click on the Manage button on the Hudl Overview Page.
- Click the Coaches link to see your team’s coach roster. The coaches page lists the coaches on your team in alphabetical order by their last name.
- To create a new coach, enter information into the corresponding text boxes above the coaches roster.
- Enter the following information into the text boxes (only the first name and last name are required to create an entry):
- First– The first name of the new roster entry.
- Last – The last name of the new roster entry.
- E-mail Address – The email of the new roster entry. This field is required in order for coaches to be able to share video in Hudl.
- Team Admin – Select this option to make a coach an administrator. In addition to the normal coach abilities in Hudl, admins also have the ability to add, edit, and delete coaches for this team, exchange video with other teams, and send recruiting packages.
- Click the Add Coach button to add the coach to the team. This may take a few seconds to complete. The coach will be sent an email with their login information to the email you provided.
Note: If the coach already has a Hudl account with the same email, you will be shown a popup window to confirm that you want to use his existing account. Click OK to confirm. The next time the coach logs in with his existing account, he will have access to this team.
Editing Your Coaches
- From the Coaches page, move your mouse over the row of the coach you want to edit. Click the Edit button that appears on the right side of the row of the you wish to edit. The row will now change to a set of textboxes that are editable.
- Edit the name and admin column from the resulting row of editable text boxes.
- Click Save on the right side of the row to update the information. You cannot edit the email of a coach.
Note: If you accidentally entered the wrong email when adding a coach, you should delete the coach then re-add the coach with the correct email address.
- Click the Delete button on the right side of a row to remove a coach from your team. Once removed, the coach will no longer have access to the team or items data in Hudl and will not be able to publish video to the team through Hudl Video Editor.
- While still on the Manage Coaches page, you will be able to undo a delete.
Note: Removing a coach only applies to the team you are currently managing. The coach will still have access to other teams if he/she is on their coaching rosters.