The video player on Hudl is powered through Silverlight. Without Silverlight, you will not be able to watch video on Hudl.com. The Hudl system requirements for Silverlight are Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 for PCs, and Mac OS 10.4.8 or later (Intel based) for Macs.
Silverlight is not compatible on mobile devices. If you are on a mobile device and want to watch film, you will need to download the free Hudl app. You will be able to watch video from your Hudl.com library using the Hudl app without the use of Silverlight.
Check out information on the Hudl app for your mobile device:
Install Silverlight on your Computer
- Log into your Hudl account and go to your team’s Library page. From there, you will be prompted to download Silverlight if necessary.
- If you see a video player with the Hudl logo in the middle, you do not need to install Silverlight.
- If you see a dialog that says Oh Snap!, you will need to install Silverlight.
- Your browser will prompt you to either run or save the file (Silverlight.exe). Click Run to start the download. When the download is finished, you will get another prompt to run the installer. Click Run to start the installation.
Here is the direct link to the Silverlight installation website.
Troubleshooting Video Playback Issues
If you have issues watching video on Hudl.com, it may be because Silverlight is not updated to the proper version or is corrupt. You may run into the following issues:
- White screen where the video is supposed to be playing.
- Get an error message, such as “We’re sorry, Hudl need to refresh your browser.”
Follow this tutorial to fix this issue.