Coaches: Hudl now supports High Definition Publishing. Read more about publishing in HD
The purpose of this tutorial is to demonstrate the concept of publishing video from the Hudl Video Editor to Hudl.com.
Publishing your video with Hudl Video Editor is the key step to taking captured film and making it available to your team on Hudl.com. Hudl gives you the option to enter as little or as much data for a video before it’s published, making it easy for you to go back and change data as you wish.
This tutorial starts with a pre-created Hudl Video Editor project with video added. For more information about creating a project and capturing video see the Getting Started with Hudl Video Editor Guide and Creating a Project in Hudl Video Editor tutorial.
- When you are ready to publish the video in your Video Editor project to Hudl, click the Publish button on the action bar.
- You will be asked to log in to ensure you load the film to the correct team.
- Choose whether the video is Game Footage, Opponent Scout, Practice, End of Season, Clinic, or Miscellaneous footage, and click Next
- Choose a game to associate the video with from your schedule. Do this by selecting one from the list and clicking next.
- To publish the video to a game that isn’t already on your schedule, click the Click here to add a game to your schedule link. This will take you to your Hudl.com Manage Schedule page where you can add a game to your schedule. For more information about editing your schedule, see the Creating a Schedule tutorial.
- Once you have added a game on Hudl.com, the Hudl Video Editor should automatically update to see the new schedule.
- Select the game and click Next
- The name of the team you are scouting
- The name of the opposing team
- The date the game was played on
- The group you would like to share the video with
- Note: If you choose to publish the audio, the audio will be included in any video you exchange or share but will not be included in your highlights.
- Breakdown Data – Shows the progress of your video data upload
- Encoding – Shows the progress of encoding your raw video into video usable on Hudl.com
- Video upload – Shows the progress of uploading your encoded video to Hudl.com
- Finalizing – Shows the overall progress of the publishing process
- You can click Hide to hide the publishing box. The publishing progress will be visible in the corner of the Video Editor screen.
- If you notice the word “Retrying” in any of your progress bars, this means that the Hudl Video Editor has encountered an internet connection issue or a firewall that is preventing the Video Editor from publishing. Please contact your IT staff and the Hudl support team.
- If you notice that your video data is available on Hudl.com but the video is not playable, this usually means that a firewall prevented the Video Editor from publishing. Please contact your IT staff and the Hudl support team.