The purpose of this tutorial is to demonstrate the process of editing captured video in Hudl Video Editor.
In Hudl Video Editor, you have the option to edit the video you have captured. This process makes it easy to adjust the clips so they best suit your team’s needs, saving you valuable time.
This tutorial starts with a pre-created Hudl Video Editor project with video added. For more information about creating a project and capturing video see the Hudl Video Editor First Steps tutorial.
Editing Captured Video
Click the blue play icon on the left side of the clips list row to play your video in the video player.
You will be able to make the following changes to your clips:
- Adjusting the Mark In and Mark Out: If a clip has unnecessary video at the beginning or the end of a play, you can adjust the mark in and mark out position.
- It is recommended that you change the playback mode of the clip to Repeat Clip by clicking the Auto-Advance toggle button (found in the bottom right corner of the video window) until it says Repeat Clip (the icon has two arrows circling the number one).
- Play the clip you want to edit. Press the IN button to adjust the mark in point and press the OUT button to change the mark out point. For Basketball:
- Click F11 to mark the beginning of an offensive possession.
- click F12 to mark the beginning of a defensive possession.
- Add Clips: To add a blank clip without video as a placeholder, click the Add button in the Clip Actions bar at the bottom of the Video Editor. By default, the clips are created at the end of the project. To create a blank clip before an existing clip, check the box in the clips list row next to the corresponding clip before clicking the Add button.
- Deleting Clips: If you find clips that you would like to remove, check the box in the clips list row and click the Delete button in the clip Actions bar.
- Cut Clips: If you find clips that belong in another angle or at the end of the current angle, check the box in the clips list row and click the Cut button in the Clip Actions bar. This will automatically move the clips to the end of another angle in the project.
- Split Clips: If you want to split a clip into two separate clips, play the clip to the location of the split in the video player and then press the Split button in the Clips Action bar.
- Merge Clips: If you want to merge two clips into a single clip, check the boxes next to the two clips you would like to merge and press the Merge button in the Clips Action bar.
- Merge Angle: If you want to append an angle to the end of your current angle select the Merge Angle button in the Angle Action bar at the bottom of the Video Editor.
- Delete Angle: If you want to delete your current angle, select the Delete button in the Angle Actions bar at the bottom of the Video Editor. This will delete all clips and data in your angle and cannot be undone.
Now that you have edited your captured video, if you haven’t already, the next step is to edit your video data. Learn how to edit your data in the Editing Video Data in Hudl Video Editor tutorial. If you are ready to publish you can learn how to publish in the Publishing Video tutorial.