Athletes are able to watch video and make highlight tapes on Hudl.com. You will receive login information when your coach adds you to the team roster and will be able to view any video, notes, or presentations that he or she shares with you.
Logging into Hudl
- Go to Hudl.com and enter your username (likely will be your email address) and password in the top right hand corner. This information should have been sent to you by an automatic email from Hudl. If it has not, contact your coach.
- Click the Login button.
- Check Remember Me to have the system keep you logged into Hudl for the next two weeks.
- If you forget your password, enter your username on this page and click the Forgot My Password link to have Hudl reset your password and email the new password to you.
Updating Your Account Information
Your account page is a way to keep your information current. Within the My Account page, you are able to update your contact information, change your password, and update your profile picture.
- Click on your name located in the top right hand corner of your screen.
- From this page, you have the option to change your contact information, password, and image
- Picture: Roll your mouse over the black and white image and click the Pencil to change your current profile photo. This is the photo that will appear on your public Athlete Profile Page.
- Click the Choose File button next to the upload a picture for your profile from your computer.
- Double click on the image file once you have located it. File types accepted on Hudl.com are:
- Click Upload to save the image.
- Personal Info: Edit your name, cell phone information, and email address. Note: Changing your email address DOES change your Hudl.com login information.
- Password: Change your password to whatever you would like it to be.
Watching Video in Hudl
Check out the tutorial: Watching Videos in Hudl
Once your coach publishes video to Hudl, you can view it in your Hudl.com library. If a video hasn’t been posted that you want to view, contact your coach.
- Click on Library to view your video library.
- Select a game from the Library.
- Click the plus signs to expand the library.
- Click in the checkbox next to the video you want to view to load the playlist. The playlist will load with the clips list at the bottom of the screen.
Check out the tutorial: Using Highlights
Creating a Highlight Video
Once a coach publishes video using Hudl Video Editor, the video will be available on Hudl.com in your video library. If you have no video available to you, please talk to your coach.
- Click on Library.
- From the library page, load the playlist from which you wish to make a highlight video.
- In the clips list, click the star next to each clip that you wish to add to your highlight video.
Watching Your Highlight Video
- Click on the My Athlete Profile button in the top right hand corner of your screen.
- The video will begin playing on the resulting Athlete Profile page.
- Found below the video screen, you have the option to filter your highlight video according to game, season, or sport.
- Use the Play/Pause button to play and pause your video.
- Use the Volume button to adjust the volume.
- Use the Toggle Full Screen button to watch the video in full screen
Creating a Premium Highlight Video
Check out this tutorial: Using Premium Highlights.
- Under the video player, click on the blue New Premium Highlight link.
- The premium highlight editor will appear on your screen. Here arrange your clips whatever order you would like, add music and spot shadows, and create a title slide.
- Click Save and Preview or Save and Close to save your highlight reel.
Ordering a Highlight DVD
From your athlete page, you will be able to order a DVD of your highlight video.
- Select the Order a Highlight DVD near the top of the page.
- Complete the billing, shipping, and credit card information on the resulting page, and click Purchase this DVD.
- A confirmation screen will appear with your confirmation information. Save this information for further reference. Your DVD will be shipped the first business day following the day the order was placed using USPS standard shipping. Shipping usually takes 5-7 business days.
Sharing and Emailing a Highlight Video
From your athlete profile page, you can send your highlight video via email and share it to other sites.
- Roll your mouse over the Share button near the top of your athlete profile page and click on the icon relevant to how you would like to share your video.
- If you click on the envelope icon, you can send an emaill. Enter the e-mail address of the recipient and a short message in the Email this Highlight window. The message is not required.
- A confirmation in a green box will appear at the top of the page announcing your e-mail has been sent.