Hudl for Youth teams is a package designed solely for youth programs at a affordable price. You can use the core features of Hudl to share your video to athletes and allow them to create highlight tapes for family and friends. Setup in Hudl is simple and completely customizable.
You can sign up for a Hudl Youth account here.
Setting Up Your Team
Logging in to Hudl
- Enter your username (likely will be your email address) and password in the top right hand corner. This information should have been sent to you by an Hudl employee or through an automatic email from Hudl.
- Click the Login button.
- Check Remember Me to have the system keep you logged into Hudl for the next two weeks.
- If you forget your password, enter your username on this page and click the Forgot My Password link to have Hudl reset your password and email the new password to you.
Add Your Players and Coaches
You have the ability to add 40 player accounts and 5 coaches accounts to your team.
- Managing your Team’s Roster: You can easily add and disable player accounts at any time. Editing your players’ information is simple and easy to keep updated. It is necessary for a player to be on the roster in order to view videos in their library and interact with other players and coaches through Hudl.
- Managing your Team’s Coaches: You can add and remove coach accounts at any time. In order for a coach to interact with the team in Hudl, they must be included on your team’s coach roster. Coach accounts have access to the Manage page for their team, can edit the breakdown data for video clips, and are able to use Hudl Mercury to publish video to Hudl.com.
Hudl will automatically invite your players and coaches via email when you have added them.
Create Your Season and Schedule
Your library of video in Hudl is based on your schedule for each season. You will want to get your schedule entered into Hudl as soon as you know the opponents you will be playing and the dates you will be playing them.
Using the Hudl Website
Creating Video Notes
Hudl enables you to mark up videos with your telestratations, and gives you the ability to add text notes, spot shadows, or voice notes on top of the video. With interactive video notes, you can share your coaching points, break down an opposing defense, or deliver practice corrections directly on the video so your team can learn from you even when you aren’t together in the same room.