On This Page
Hudl’s recruiting tools streamline the recruiting process. Hudl’s recruiting packages can replace the hassle of creating DVDs, the cost of sending video through the mail, and wondering whether the video ever gets to the recruiters who want to see your athletes. Add your recruitable athletes and all of their information so you can quickly send recruiting packages consisting of highlights, game film, and custom playlists to recruiters.
To access the Recruiting page, click on Manage at the top of your screen. From the Manage page, click on Recruiting.
Before sending a recruiting package, you will want to identify your recruitable athletes. Add the athletes that you believe can play at the next level:
- Enter the athlete’s name. Hudl will automatically pull from the athlete’s names on your roster.
- Rank your athlete by identifying the division you believe they should play in. Don’t worry - the rank you identify will only help your athlete. Selecting an honest ranking is crucial to help recruiters sort and view athlete’s film. Note: The ranking will not be located on the athlete’s profile page at all and it will never show up anywhere public where the athlete or parents can see it.
- Identify the current grade level of the athlete. This information will be filled in automatically if filled in on your roster.
- Click Add Recruitable Athlete to create the athlete card.
Once you have added the recruitable athlete, make sure to complete the recruiting tasks. The recruiting tasks will ensure that you are giving the recruiter all of the necessary information about the athlete. Click Complete recruiting tasks to fill out the following information:
- Athlete Rank
- Contact Info
- Jersey #
- Parent Info
- Academic Info
Make sure to enter the primary coach contact information on your recruiting page. Click the blue link at the top of the page that says How should recruiters contact the school? The information you enter here will automatically be added to every athlete profile page. This will be important as it tells the recruiter who to contact if they want more information on your athlete.
Once you have added your recruitable athletes you are ready to send recruiting packages. Send a recruiting package for a recruitable athlete by clicking on the Send to Recruiters button at the bottom of each athlete card. Check the box in multiple athlete cards to send a recruiting package for multiple athletes at once. Sending a recruiting package consists of the following three steps:
- The Highlights tab lets you pick the athlete(s) you want to include in the recruiting package. Choose additional athletes from your roster by typing the athlete’s name in the Search for athlete… field and click the name once it populates. The season and premium highlights will be automatically included for each athlete you select. Once you are done selecting athletes, click Next.
- The Game Footage tab lets you pick which playlist(s) you want to include in the package. Check the boxes next to each playlist you want to include. Once you are done selecting playlists, click Next.
- The Send To… tab lets you pick which recruiters will receive the recruiting package.
- If you have sent recruiting packages before, there will be a list at the bottom that includes the recruiters you have sent video to most recently. Check the boxes next to each recruiter that you want to receive the recruiting package.
- Enter the email of a recruiter in the Recruiter’s email address box to add a recruiter not shown in the list.
- Enter any comments you would like the recruiter(s) to receive in the Comments box. These comments will be included in the email each recruiter receives.
Click the Create Package button to create and send the recruiting package.
The Hudl Recruiting page will list all of the Hudl Recruiting packages you have shared and what was included in them. Click the View History button located below the recruiting board to view past recruiting packages with the most recent appearing at the top.
Each package includes:
- The Date the recruiting package was sent.
- The Hudl user that created the recruiting package.
- The Athletes included in the recruiting package.
- The Playlists included in the recruiting package.
- The Recruiters that received the recruiting package.