Breakdown data helps add value to your video in Hudl. With breakdown data, you can identify basic data such as whether the play was offensive or defensive and you can also add specific statistical breakdowns for each individual player. You can add breakdown data during capture or after capture in the Hudl Video Editor or at anytime once the video is published to Hudl.com. This tutorial focuses on editing data in the clips list on Hudl.com.
Once the film has been published, multiple coaches can edit data at the same time on Hudl.com. This allows you to spread the workload across multiple coaches on your staff. The data that you input in the Breakdown data will be used to generate statistics when you use the Reports feature.
Before starting this tutorial, go to the Hudl video library and load a playlist. For more information about accessing the library and loading a playlist, see the Watching Videos in Hudl tutorial video.
Editing Your Breakdown Data on Hudl.com
- Click the Edit Data button located on the menu bar above the clips list. The clips list will now change to the edit mode. The transition may take a couple seconds.
- When the data is ready to be edited, a red outline will appear around the clips list. You will notice that the Edit Data button has also changed to Stop Editing.
- Click in any the data cell to edit the data.
- Once you start typing the data picker box will pop up if values are available to choose from.
- If you want to keep the data picker box while you tab from box to box, click the pin in the selected cell to “pin” up the data picker box if you would like it to stay up as you tab through the columns.
- Unclick the pin if you want the data picker box to only pop up when you begin typing
- When you have finished editing, click Stop Editing. Your data changes are saved immediately.