Hudl allows you to download your film in MP4 or WMV format for use in other editing or exchanging programs. This will be the best way to exchange film with schools that do not already use Hudl.
To download a playlist or cutup:
- Go to your Manage page and click on Library.
- Select the playlist from your schedule.
- Click Download on the left hand side of the page.
- The file type dialog box will now appear.
- Multiple MP4 Files: Each video clip will be its own file and will download the fastest of all the formats.
- Single MP4 File: One large MP4 file that you can burn easily onto a DVD. This will take slightly longer to download that the Multiple MP4 files.
- Single WMV File: One large WMV file that will take the longest to download. Hudl will need to re-encode the video for you.
- DSV Friendly: Video will be download in multiple files of WMV with a data file. Again, Hudl will need to re-encode from MP4 to WMV, so this download may be slightly longer.
- Note: Downloading film, especially in WMV format, will take about an hour. The MP4 files may download faster.
You are also able to download video through your Hudl Video Editor and export it to DVD or another media file. Check out the this tutorial for more information.