Hudl wants to make your team and athlete’s film look amazing. Top Play allows you to create a highlight that looks ready for SportsCenter in no time. All you have to do is select that one incredible play from your game, explain what happened, and Hudl will automatically create an awesome highlight video for you to share.
Creating a Top Play
Selecting the Game, Play, and Athlete
- Click Library on the Hudl Overview page.
- From the Library, load the game that you want to create the Top Play for. Note: Players cannot create a Top Play and coaches can create a Top Play on playlists tagged as Game Footage.
- In the clips list, click the star next to the one play that is your team’s top play in the game. Then, select the Top Play option. Your Top Play could be a record-breaking run, a long touchdown pass, a big interception, or a game-saving tackle—you choose.
- Start typing the name of the athlete from your roster that is featured in the play. As you type, Hudl will pull suggested players from your roster. Click on the athlete’s name to select them.
Tell Us About the Play
- Enter the “mad-libs” version of what happened in the Top Play. First, tell us what kind of play it was. Select from the following:
- Game-Winning Touchdown
- Sparked a Comeback
- Caused a Fumble
- Prevented a Touchdown
- Forced a Turnover
Review the Video
- Pause the video once it hits the key moment that makes it a Top Play.
- Click and drag to move the yellow circle over the athlete featured in the play. Click Mark It.
- The video will automatically rewind a few seconds. One more time, move the yellow circle until it is over the athlete featured in the top play. Again, click Mark It.
And that’s it. Give it a couple seconds to load and you now have an amazing, produced video that highlights the Top Play in your game. Hudl will automatically put the Top Play to music and it will appear on both your Team Highlights page and the highlight page of the athlete being featured. Go to your Team Highlights page when you want to view the video again. It will show up above the regular season highlights and the premium highlights that have already been created.