Often times, the most valuable moments of practice go unnoticed. Using the iPhone to capture practice footage will give you the ability to film players up close, capturing the small moments that make a big difference later on. This will provide you a way to review film instantly and correct your player’s fundamental mistakes as they happen. After you have captured practice on your iPhone play back the film for instant feedback or you can upload those clips to Hudl.com to review later.
For now, capturing with an iPhone is available using the iPhone 3GS and nenwer. Look for this feature to be available on the iPad in the future.
- Open the Hudl app and tap Record & Upload.
- Tap the Record button to start and stop recording a clip. For best results, shoot in landscape. To record the audio along with the video, make sure the Record Audio option is set to On. You can review the last clip you captured at any time by tapping the Replay button.
- Once you’ve captured a clip, it will be saved in All Clips. A red circle indicating the number of new clips you have captured will show next to the All Clips button.
- Tap All Clips to see the clips you have previously captured listed on the screen. The duration of each clip will also be shown. To upload all the clips you have captured, tap Upload These Clips at the top of the list. To delete, play, or upload one clip at a time tap the clip in the list and the following options will appear:
- Delete Clip: Tap the trash can to delete the clip.
- Play Clip: Tap play to watch the clip on your iPhone so you can provide instant feedback to your players.
- Upload Clip: Tap the arrow to publish the clip to your Hudl.com account.
View the Captured Clips Online
Once you have uploaded the captured clips to Hudl.com you will be able to view them in your Library. Mobile Uploads will now show on your Library page under your schedule entries. The clips will automatically be shared with your Coaches Group. Once you load the clips in your library on Hudl.com, you can add notes and telestrations and share them with your players.