Posted February 23, 2011 by
Under • Business
As many of you already know, Hudl partnered with MaxPreps last year to continue to help save coaches time and gain more exposure for their teams. MaxPreps is America’s leading source for high school sports information. They work directly with more than 35,000 high school coaches to record, preserve, and publish schedules, scores, and stats on hundreds of thousands of high school athletes.
So what does this mean for you? You get a free team website and a bunch of time saving tools while fans can follow your team on MaxPreps.
How MaxPreps works:
- Every high school coach in the country has free access to utilize the website.
- Coaches log in to access the coach administration page.
- Coaches can showcase their team’s schedules, scores, rosters, stats, video, and more.
Schedules & Rosters:
Coaches log in to MaxPreps after each contest and enter the raw game statistics–yards, attempts, completions, touchdowns, etc. The system then calculates all of the totals and averages. Many coaches delegate this task to an assistant coach, booster, parent, or team statistician.
With the MaxPreps “send stats” feature, coaches never have to fax or call in their stat reports to the local media anymore. They can choose to send the report to their local media directly from MaxPreps after each game.
When coaches enter stats into MaxPreps, the totals are calculated and the players are then placed in leaderboards on the team, league, section, state, and national pages. This feature provides awesome recognition for teams and athletes.
Teams that are using Hudl can easily share highlights on MaxPreps.com. Simply mark a clip as a highlight in Hudl and it is instantly available on MaxPreps.
The new MaxPreps Team Wall is designed to help you communicate to your team and community more effectively. All events—upcoming games, scores, new stats, photos, videos, calendar postings and more will automatically be placed at the top of the MaxPreps Team Wall for everyone to view the most recent team information. Click here to see a sample.
- Upload photos and mascot
- Link news articles from the web
- Post events like practice, scrimmages, team dinners, and banquets on your team calendar
- Print stat reports and game programs
- Select your team’s Player of the Week and Player of the Year
- Submit deserving athletes for scholarships